179.5 – moving along slowly. This morning I woke up to what felt like this:
Here comes a long winter of cold with gloomy skies. Out comes the flannel sheets and down comforter. The heat goes on. Dry skin. Stale air. Limited daylight. If you live in a climate where winter blues (or even depression) affects people, what do you do to stay positive through the long months?
Here’s my plan this winter.
- I will continue to focus on eating healthy and exercising (this is #1).
- I will celebrate weight victories (in a healthy way).
- I will try to get outside as much as possible.
- I will start taking Vitamin D.
- I will plan some social events with good friends.
- I will cherish my family.
- I will restart my gratitude journal.
- I will be on the lookout for negative thoughts and attitudes and try to replace them with positive thoughts and attitudes.
- I will continue reading blogs with positive attitudes and uplifting messages.
- I will dream of (and plan) vacations in warm, sunny places and dream of relocating to a milder climate.
Well, that’s a start of a plan. Even making a plan like this can be encouraging. Winter can make us feel boxed in, against a wall. Dreaming and making plans can remove walls and free us and allow us to imagine all the possibilities.